Saturday, December 10, 2011

Boston + Wanderlust

When I was growing up, my family moved every 2 1/2 years. So, by the time we finally moved back to the United States for middle school, I was hardwired for a 2 to 2 1/2 year change of scenery. Three years was tolerable, but high school was a challenge. By the time senior year rolled around, I was itching for a move. The same thing happened in college and even now, I have a constant longing to travel to a new place, even if only for a weekend.

My longing for travel is rooted in a few basic desires. I want to explore and see new places. I want to try new food. I want to hear new sounds and smell new smells. I want to get lost in an unknown place, where there is something new around every corner. I think eventually I will shake this restlessness and be able to settle down for more than 3-4 years, but for now, I want to travel and take it all in.

Lately, I have been longing to revisit places I have been already. See, when I was in fifth grade, my family bought a motorhome and set off to tour the country and visit all fifty states. Thus, I have been to almost all the major cities in this country. But, I was only ten. I catch myself telling my roommate, "I want to go to ______.... again." Even though I have technically been to all those places, I don't really remember. So to me, going again would be like going for the first time.

As I talk to classmates at school about their hometowns, my list of places to visit only grows longer.

This coming weekend, though, I get to cross one city off my list.

My mom and I are going to Boston!

Not only are we going to Boston, but we are going to Boston to take a class on Photoshop for bloggers. I am beyond excited.

A few weeks ago, my mom sent me an email with a link to BlogShop's website, followed by the question: "Can you take off class for this?"

I immediately looked at the website and responded in a definite, "YES!!"

So, as they say, the rest is history.

And now I'm seated at the first class, eager to learn and absorb all I can about photoshop... or at least all one can learn in 2 days!

So, sit tight. I'll have loads to tell you later. And who knows, maybe my blog will get a little facelift!


0 comments:

Post a Comment