Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Today + Tomorrow


 

Today is a special day for many people. It's the day of love. A day for chocolates, flowers, cards, and fancy dinners. A day to dress up and be romantic.

Or, for some of us, a day to go see a chick flick with some other lovely ladies.

And I'm so stoked about it.

Because, even though I don't have a Valentine, I am surrounded by love. I see that love in the chocolate bar and card my roomy left me this morning or the card that I got in the mail from my grandparents. I see that love in the long weekend trip mama took to come celebrate my catering event with me. I see that love in a deep conversation and late night drink with a friend. I see that love in the day's sunshine. The list goes on and on. I'm blessed to be surrounded by love.

So, today, because I'm feeling the love. I'm making a bundt cake (Smitten Kitchen's Gramercy Tavern Gingerbread Bundt, to be exact) in my new bundt pan. Then, I'll make dinner for friends: Grilled Pork Chops served over a bed of Sauteed Sweet Onion and Rainbow Chard. And I'll end the evening with the roomy and friends watching Channing Tatum on the big screen.

Then, I will wake up tomorrow, and proceed with life. Filling cookie orders and working on magazine layouts. But always remembering that I am surrounded by love.

Take a moment to see the love around you.  

It's good to be back.


0 comments:

Post a Comment