Friday, August 26, 2011

The Cookbook Challenge

I have a slight obsession with books.

I haven't read about a third of the books I own, but I still love buying more and filling up bookcases. This obsession applies to fiction, nonfiction, and (of course) cookbooks.

I have decided that the time has come for me to crack open those pretty new cookbooks and cook something out of them.


 
This is how it is going to work. I have randomly chosen a stack of six of my newer cookbooks. The goal isn't to cook all the recipes. It is just to cook a few recipes from each cookbook so I can get a feel for how much I like the cookbook. I will cook two recipes that I think look good from the cookbook and then I will choose two by randomly selecting a page number to get a recipe from (in this case, I will do page 100 and 49 in each cookbook).

The first group of cookbooks includes:
Whole Food Recipes - The Vitamix Cookbook
How to Cook for Chron's and Colitis by Brenda Roscher
Cooking the Whole Foods Way by Christina Pirello
Snog Healthy Treats Cookbook
5 Ingredient Fix by Claire Robinson
From Nature to Plate by Tom Kitchin

After I have worked through those, I will move on to another stack. But, I'm sure that won't be any time soon...

Abigail

0 comments:

Post a Comment