Thursday, February 23, 2012

Gluten-Free Baking + Food Brokering

Crepe Cake
Crepe Cake from Final Catering Event

Well, I did it. I finished my classes at the Natty Ep. Now a new phase begins: the externships.

I have the pleasure of working with two very talented and knowledgeable women in the Austin food community.

The first: food broker Dana McCoy, owner of YumRunnerz. I'm only one day into the externship and I know that I will learn so much from her about business and marketing a product.

The second: gluten-free baker Karen Morgan of Blackbird Bakery. With Karen I will learn so much about gluten-free baking and help on her second cookbook that is currently in the works. Want to help make her cookbook happen? Check out her kickstarter page and support her!

Let the learning and working begin!


1 comment: