Friday, January 21, 2011

Cherry Berry Almond Butter Smoothie

Check out my breakfast this morning:

Looks yummy, doesn't it? The pink striped straw doesn't hurt either (they were in my stocking for Christmas!). Neither does my messy desk in the background... sorry about that.

Some mornings I'm not in the mood for anything heavy or filling for breakfast so a smoothie is just what I need.

This morning I whipped up this bad boy with some fruit and stuff I had around the house. The Cherry Berry frozen fruit that I used was a lucky find at the grocery store. It's a bag of frozen fruit (blueberries, cherries, and currants) with no sugar added! 

There is a smoothie place in Austin that I loved called Daily Juice. My boyfriend makes fun of me for going because the smoothies are like $7... but every once and a while I treat myself. Anywho... they have a smoothie called the Subliminator that has peanut butter in it and let me tell you, it is DELICIOUS. Several months ago I started getting almond butter instead (because of a diet I was trying that I will tell you about later) and it is even better. So, that is where the almond butter part of the smoothie come in.

Please ignore my grocery list in the background...

Cherry Berry Almond Butter Smoothie
1 cup frozen fruit mix
1/2 cup plain yogurt (I used Fage Total)
2 Tablespoons almond butter
1 Tablespoon honey
1/4 cup orange juice (or juice of your choice)

Throw it all into the blender on liquify setting and let it go until all blended and smooth. Pour into a tall glass and enjoy!


0 comments:

Post a Comment